Homemade Aussie BitesThe homemade version of Aussie Bites found at Costco!
We try to use only organic ingredients, where possible, but you can of course use conventional non-organic goods as well.
1¾ cup organic rolled oats
¼ cup organic dried figs
¼ cup organic raisins
¼ cup organic flaxseed, ground
¼ cup organic pumpkin seeds, ground
¼ cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup organic quinoa
2 tablespoons chia seeds (can be ground if you prefer less texture)
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup raw honey
½ cup organic coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 24 count mini-muffin pan.
- Put figs and raisins in food processor and process into small bits. Add in remaining dry ingredients (rolled oats, ground flax seed, ground pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, quinoa, chia seeds, and baking soda). Pulse until well blended.
- Pour in honey, softened coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pulse until combined.
- Divide batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and let cool completely on a wire rack. Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days, or keep in freezer. Freezes very well.
Yield: 24 mini cupcake muffins
Click here to return to Health Conscious Recipes.